Francis J. Russell
With a career spanning 40 years, Francis Russell utilizes his strong background in tax and business law to counsel individuals and businesses across complex financial transactions. Fran’s advice is sought to resolve sophisticated legal problems ranging from complicated divorces to business succession planning. He represents clients in connection with their general corporate matters and estate planning and estate administration needs.
Fran has more than 30 years of experience in probate litigation ranging from divorce to will contests and other equity complaints involving trusts and other family law matters. Fran also utilizes his broad legal experience and background to help resolve disputes through mediation and conciliation of family law and business matters.
Fran joined Mountain Dearborn in 1981.
- Worcester County Bar Association (President, 1997–1998)
- Worcester County Bar Foundation
- Massachusetts Bar Association (Board of Delegates, 1997–1998)
- Board of Bar Overseers of the Supreme Judicial Court (Board Member, 2005–2009; Vice Chair, 2008-2009)
- Legal Assistance Corporation of Central Massachusetts (Executive Committee, 2002–2005)
- Town of Shrewsbury Finance Committee (1997–2009)
- Mystic River Rugby Club, Trustee
Massachusetts, Supreme Judicial Court
U.S. District Court of Massachusetts
Boston University Law School, LLM in Taxation
Suffolk University Law School, JD
Georgetown University; Boston College, BS